Thursday, March 17, 2016

We Have an Announcement!

On Wednesday, March 16th at 6:08pm, it happened. 

Joseph James Sbicca 

7lbs 5oz---20 inches



A quick update (more to come)...

All went as planned for labor. They started my pitocin at about 11:30pm on Tuesday.  Contractions started very slowly so both Jamie and I were able to get some sleep. At about 7am, contractions started to be stronger and more consistent and my water broke that morning as well. Things progressed pretty well and I got an epidural at about 11am when I was about 4cm dilated. And just as my doctor predicted I dilated about a centimeter an hour, I started pushing at 5:30, and he was here about 40 minutes later. 

We only got to spend a minute with Joey before he went to the NICU and then we got to go into the NICU to see him transferred into his transport carrier. Jamie was able to ride in the ambulance and stay with him the whole time. Joey is stable at the CTICU at Children's Hospital Los Angeles and they are monitoring him. He has IVs, feeding tube and is intubated. They are really trying to see if the septostomy is necessary, but as of right now they have not ordered one.  They are trying to wean him off the ventilator, but he isn't likely my that too much, yet.


I tried for the quickest recovery possible and got discharged 19 hours after giving birth. Joey, Jamie and I are now reunited at CHLA! Because of flu season, no one but the parents of the babies are allowed to visit. We will let our family know when they open the floor back up to visitors! Hopefully it is soon!

It's been an eventful first 24 hours of life for baby Joey.

Thank you all for the good thoughts you sent to Joey, Jamie and I in the last couple of days.  Keep the good vibes coming! 









No comments:

Post a Comment